I can't believe how fast January and February flew by.
It's been a hard few months, and attendance has been challenging for some, but it is most important to be safe and take care in this terrible weather.
Here's a lovely recording of Shine on Silver Moon.
http://larrynickel.com/CypressAudio/Shine.html It should make you feel warm and cozy.
Here's a summary of where we are.
1. Together Wherever We Go - all parts taught - need to review and work on musicality.
2. Four Strong Winds - most notes known well, - need review of Male Chorus, Letter D, and F
3. Walk In the Wind - Rhythm, Rhythm, RHYTHM!
4. Look at the World - musical expression and contrasts are needed. Work on familiarity of words.
5. A Place in the Choir - all parts taught - comfort with tempo and text. - feel the beat.
6. Peace Like a River - review - very musically done. Consistency is developing
7. Home I'll Be - from measure 1 - to H, and J-K have been taught.
FINISH March 11 rehearsal - H and I, and K.
8. Shine on Silver Moon - measure 1 - 15 and 61 - 75.
March 11 - section A , B, and C
9. You've Got a Friend in Me - rhythms measures 5 - 33 and melody.
March 12 - teach parts 5-33, chant rhythms 33 - end.
10. Hymn to Freedom - Taught from 1 -27
March 11 - review 1 - 27. New 27-51
11. Iraqi Peace Song - measures 43 - 80 has been taught.
March 11 - notes to 86 - 89 (3rd motive) - all notes will be taught.
Goal is to feel as comfortable as a grandmother sing to her grand-baby.
12. Yemaya - as time allows.
This is such an enjoyable program You are doing very well. I'm am looking forward to this one.
Now I have to start looking for music for next year!!!