WOW - we sure got a lot done on Monday. Beautiful sound. It's really becoming more solid with every rehearsal. I've attached a video of the Song of the Land - for those of you who know Jeff, check out the centre of the back row.!
If you can, try to review everything we did on Monday, - it will help you remember and allow me to move on to other things. Here's a list
1. Song for Peace - pages 6 and 7 - sing notes to "oo" not "mm"
2. O Canada - verse 2 - page 3 - Letter C to page 5.
if you can, listen to the chorus of the second verse - we will finish at our next rehearsal
3. Song for the Land - first 3 pages - words, words, words ;-)
4. Shine on Silver Moon - first page - 4 parts.
5. This is My Home - measures 1 - 10 - rhythm, rhythm, rhythm
6. Canadian Pacific - - page 7 - measures 72 -79. - we will focus on measures 80 -85 at our next rehearsal.
I am working as fast as I can to complete the recordings - I think you still need - My Way, Song of the Land, and Four Strong Winds. There is probably another 25 hours or so to finish up - so please be patient and work on the pieces that you already have.
I hope you are encouraging your friends to hold the concert date, - it's going to be such a great concert. I am so proud of you. I hope all of this hard work is as rewarding for each of you as it is for me. You are AWESOME. Thank you.
Next rehearsal, - O Canada (see above),
Canadian Pacific (see above)
The Prayer - pages 3 -7
Four Strong Winds - Letter A
Shine on Silver Moon - measures 9 - 15, Letter B and Letter D
This is My Home - review rhythm - Letter A
Letter B - words to correct rhythm
Hallelujah - correct rhythm to the first verse
Have a great week everyone! Keep a song in your heart!