Monday was another outstanding rehearsal. When you sing with ease, the sound is really wonderful.
It's really fun to work with so many dedicated people. I know I'm repetitive, but it's true. The NoteWorthy Singers really are special.
We have accomplished so much and need to keep practising what we have learned so that it becomes more natural.
As you all know, we have 4 rehearsals left to prepare for our concert.
Here's what we have to do in the next 2 weeks,
1. Review the last page of Amid the Falling Snow
2. We Wish You a Merry Christmas - learn the notes from page 8 to the end.
3. It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas - reinforce the notes from measure 42 to 61 and learn measure 78 to the end.
4. The Most Wonderful Time of the Year - review notes 29 - 70 and learn notes from measure 71 - the end
5, Let It Snow - review all of the notes
6. The Little Drummer Boy - learn/review the notes.
7. Sleigh Ride - learn/review all of the notes - it take extra work to learn the text well enough to perform this piece.
8. Wolfgang's Christmas Canon - time to make music
9. Let it Snow - review/learn notes.
10. A Christmas Canon - time to make music
11. I Saw Three Ships - more music making
So we should be in good shape very soon. You can help by listening to your parts and reading words as much as possible. Please remember to listen before you sing along and make sure the notes you are practising are the notes you are hearing.
Big next on the technology front: I now have the knowledge to send you an MP3 of your parts should you be one of those who have an MP3 player. Just send me an e-mail and tell me which voice you want and I'll hook you up.
Have a great week everyone, I'll sleep well this week. Thanks!